On Friday, 5th February, after an almost three-month-long break, the Museum of the Second World War in Gdańsk will reopen to the public. Those who decide to visit us in the coming days can expect special attractions.
On the opening day you might consider visiting the Museum even before noon. Free aromatic coffee will be waiting for you in the square in front of our building between 9:00 and 12:00.
Also on Friday (5th February) a new exhibit in the “Entering History” series will be presented. This time, on level -1 of the Museum, you will be able to see a special item related to one of the fallen defenders of Westerplatte whose remains were found during archaeological research conducted on the site of the historic Military Transit Depot in autumn 2019.
After visiting our exhibitions we invite you to stop by the museum shop on level -3, where from Friday to Sunday (5th - 7th February) there will be a 20% discount on all the products available in the shop. In addition, we have prepared new gadget series for our visitors (also available in the shop at a reduced price). Come and visit us.
SAFETY REGULATIONS WHILE VISITING THE MUSEUM OF THE SECOND WORLD WAR IN GDAŃSK
At all times, please make sure to obey these safety regulations while you visit us:
- disinfect your hands
- cover your mouth and nose
- keep a 2-meter distance from other visitors (with exceptions)
- use disposable gloves (recommended)
- use stairways, not lifts (recommended)
- purchase tickets via online purchase system https://bilety.muzeum1939.pl/ (recommended - beginning February 5th, 2021)
- use non-cash, credit card payments (recommended)
- use “Audioguide of the Museum of the Second World War in Gdańsk” app (recommended - download free of charge from Google Play and App Store)
Also please observe the following for your convenience:
- Visitors may use cloakrooms or personal lockers to deposit their clothing for the time of their visit;
- According to our safety regulations, 400 people can visit the Museum's main exhibition at any one time;
- All multimedia devices in the exhibitions can be used continually in touch-free mode;
- Safety screens at Information Desk and Ticket Offices have been installed to ensure sufficient distance between our employees and the museum’s guests.
Owing to the ongoing restrictions, the following musum’s facilities will remain closed until further notice:
- Museum Cinema
- New Technologies Zone
- Museum Bistro, Vidokova Restaurant
Underground parking lot (as of 20.10.2020 the museum’s underground parking lot serves as Covid-19 drive-thru test center as part of cooperation with UCK Gdańsk
Although it is not possible to use the Museum catering facilities, the restaurant Vidokova prepares take-away orders (tel. +48 538 466 944).
We also invite you to visit our free of charge open-air exhibitions in the square in front of the Museum (even after dark, when the exhibitions are illuminated):